czwartek, 28 czerwca 2012

More to Life???

Almost every day, every bloody weekday I come from my workplace and wonder. Is this what adult life is about? Is this really IT?
I graduated with 2:1 BSc, good grades and strong conviction that my brain is more attractive than my long legs. However instead of using it to make a difference this is what I do on almost-daily-basis.
I fight THE SYSTEM.
Seems like System contains of:
- People who don't give a rat's ass about anything but their bank account balance and 9-5 regime.
- People who care but they're too busy fixing and fire-fighting after the ones above
- People who are too high up to notice that the bunch below is clearly not happy and cannot see anymore that slowly but surely all of the above mentioned are getting completely demoralized with inability to distinguish their asses from elbows.

Mix it well with politics, dog-eat-dog sugar-coated with fluffy words and et voila!!! Here's your ordinary workplace.
And please spare me the bullshit that it's not true. I SO wish it was. After working in biscuit factory, toiletries warehouse, university and one of the most prominent companies in UK- I have come to a sad conclusion that it's all pretty much the same, it's only pay grades that change.
Oh and time scale in which you discover exactly same pattern.
And here I am, observing it on a daily basis, resenting some people who have less manners than cows on a field(not much more viable brain cells either), quite possibly wasting a vast amount of trees going by the amount of paperwork that has to be produced, and truly marvelling on what God was trying to tell me by 'blessing' me with this job?
How can I be the best Me when I feel all the things when I'm there?
Is 'ethics' only a fluffy word to substitute 'politics' in a business world?
And God, if it's not Your will that I have a job where I actually make a difference, then bless me with big fat account so I can life for Your Glory and work for free where I do make a change in someone's life.
Your truly,

Corpo-bitch.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz